Indicators of SEX TRAFFICKING
Some signs that an individual is a victim of human trafficking may be present if he or she:
• Has restricted or heavily supervised mobility.
• Has unexplained or unreasonable explanation(s) of injuries.
• Is under the control of constant supervision of another person.
• Is rarely allowed to speak freely for him/herself.
• Is always accompanied by a person of the opposite sex or an older adult.
• Lacks proper identification.
• Lacks the means to support him/herself or control money, in spite of long hours at work.
• Lacks meaningful contact with the community.
• Lacks contact with or is isolated from family and friends.
• Lacks permanency in the community.
• Has a constant appearance of fear, nervousness and/or apprehension
• Is controlled by another through the use or threat of violence to him/ herself, family or friends.